Friday, May 20, 2011

Day T Minus One

Well, here it is, time for another 100 Days! Last year saw me spew my heart and guts over the interweb like Jackson Pollack with a stomach bug, assomeone once so amazingly put it. My body of work ranged from the disturbingly personal to the cold and detached to the ordinarily necessary. I am so thankful I decided to participate not only because of the project itself but because of the people I got to know both through their work and some luckily enough in real life. Completing the project during one of the most trying times in my personal life proved not only that I was wrong about my self-mutilating belief that I could NEVER finish anything I started but that I could finish it under duress. While it was difficult to choose my seven pieces for the book wonderfully edited by the talented Carianne Garside, not because of the bounty of pieces to choose from, but the dearth of pieces I considered acceptable, I am, as a whole, extremely proud of myself and, to a lesser extent, my body of work.

This year I find myself in a very different place emotionally, creatively, and somewhat physically as I have lost a job and gained another one. As of T minus one and a half hours to go as I am writing this I sincerely have no idea what I will actually be contributing ( and I use the word lightly) to this year's project. But nonetheless, I will attempt to contribute something. So, I guess all that's left to say is: I can't wait to see the work from some of my returning favorite artists but the new ones as well, and as far as what I will be doing, stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment