Thursday, May 26, 2011

Five-CAThryn

Okay, so this is kind of a cheat to get caught up. This is from the envelope of the card with all the butterflies. (I am trying to make as many of these for specific people, not just to sit around my house.) I decided to put this up so I could learn from where I went wrong here. First of all, I wanted the middle of the eyes to be yellow so I colored the black with marker and the center of the eyes with yellow marker. If I pressed it into the ink pad the center of the eyes would be black as well. The nose however would not be as it is inverted(?). The yellow did not show up as well as I was hoping so I decided to go over it with green by hand on the paper and fill in the yellow around the center as well. The pink nose was colored in on paper as well. Next time I think I will have to find something to put over the eyes to keep them from absorbing ink and press the stamp into the pad because the markers do not always work as well, Also, there is a way you need to breathe on the marker on the stamp before you stamp it down (seriously, you blow "ha, ha, ha" all over where you put the marker kind of like you're warming your hands in the winter, but you need to kind of make it moist without spitting on it) and I forgot to do that so that makes the image even more patchy. Anyway, moving on...

1 comment:

  1. I like the patchiness. It looks like the kitty fur. ( Remember to have fun!!)

    ReplyDelete