Thursday, May 26, 2011

Six-Simply the Best


So this is one of the best ones I've done so far I think for a few reasons. First of all, I'm partial to the blue and green color combination (I used those colors for my wedding-green is my favorite color and blue is my husband's). Second, I used a few different tools and techniques relatively successfully. I finally got a straight edge cutter which also came with a circle and ellipse template. Also, the tool used to cut has three different blades-straight, scalloped (used here on the plaid paper) and perforated which I'm not really sure why, it literally perforates paper like coupons or the remittance stubs you send in with your credit card payment, assuming you still use snail mail to pay any bills). Anyway, that was much easier to get a clean border (and corners!) than using the edge scissors or any of the border punches. Also, I very quickly learned from my CATastrophe and carefully pressed the bottom two lines of the stamp into the ink pad and hand colored the "you" and the outline of the flower on the stamp before pressing it onto the paper. I then hand filled in the center of the flower petals with a lighter color marker. The ellipse and the butterflies are raised to add dimension. I'm glad this came out as well as it did because it is for a very awesome person at my new job who, to say she goes above and beyond, is like saying Cookie Monster kind of digs Mrs. Fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment