Monday, May 30, 2011

Ten-Memorable Day Weekend

Scanned

  
Photographed



A co-worker of mine got engaged over the weekend so obviously I wanted to make something to celebrate this memorable and wonderful event. I'm still struggling with my border tools as evidenced by the lower left hand corner (you should see the one I covered up with the hearts in the top left-yikes!). Also, I wish I had better handwriting but overall I like the layout and color combinations. I tried some new techniques with the stamp ink on the hearts to varying degrees of success. Basically I tried to do a reverse stamping technique where I pressed the paper into the ink and then pressed a clean stamp on top of it to let the paper underneath come through. Both the stamp and ink type I chose however do not lend themselves to a lot of fine detail. Next time I will try it with a more matte ink and a more clearly defined stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment