Sunday, May 22, 2011

Two-Sharing the Gratitude



Yesterday I attended the birthday party for my eight year old cousin, Janine. While she was opening her presents she asked her mother to write down who gave her what for her thank you notes. I was impressed by this behavior from a (very) recently turned eight year old so I decided to go home after the party and make her some personalized thank you notes to send out.

So far one of my favorite techniques is using special markers to hand-apply the color to a rubber stamp instead of simply swiping it on an ink pad. This allows for multiple colors instead of just one. Also, in the middle is an actual sticker that I created with the help of a "sticker machine" that my friend Amy bought for me over eight years ago that I never used, but held onto, until a few weeks ago. The sticker can be used as a seal for the envelope. I just have to work on actually measuring and whatnot so my placement is a little cleaner. Rulers? I don't need no stinkin' rulers!

2 comments:

  1. love your cards! going to return to see your creations. enjoy 100days! my own is here: http://100daysandnights.tumblr.com - cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I will be sure to check yours out!

    ReplyDelete