Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Four-Finding My Inspiration


Influences:

Truthfully, I didn't expect my little craft project experiment to have much relevance to the 100 Days project as a whole. I should have known better! I loved the color and the layering of Fred's piece and still can't believe that it was done on an iPad. I loved the carefree nature and attitude of Sabin's philosophy toward this project. Where that second piece comes in to play in this card is through the papers used for the butterflies. I have been on a buying frenzy for the last few weeks as I've been getting into this hobby. After seeing the beauty in the materials on hand of Sabin's first piece I decided before I could go any further I needed to clear up my workspace a little and as I was sorting paper and setting aside scraps I kept finding all these little bits that really couldn't be used for much so I decided before throwing them away to punch a shape from each piece that was big enough. Also, I added a little depth with the one popped up piece inspired by the packing peanuts (?) in Sabin's piece.

2 comments:

  1. This is neat, Cathryn--so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, I don't know what I'd do without you all encouraging me, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete