Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fifteen-Shrinkydinks-No, Really



So I have a lot I need to say about today and the stamp convention, festival, whatever it was that I went to today but it will have to wait for another post because it is almost one in the morning and I am exhausted. Here is the first thing I saw when I walked in the door being demonstrated and I ABSOLUTELY had to get the stuff to do it. I should have paid a little more attention to the demo because I think I forgot a few important parts to make it look better but anyway for better or for worse here is the first new thing I am playing with that I got today. Remember shrinkydinks? That is basically what this is. The first picture is the shrinkable plastic that I stamped on and colored in with marker and it measured about two inches by four inches. Three minutes later out of the toaster oven it is shrunk down to about one inch by two inches and the colors are intensified. It is hardened and can be made into jewelry and other adornments.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Shrinky Dinks!

    #2 plastics will shrink up, and I'm sure other kinds do, too. And a heat/embossing gun will make it melt better than an oven, or at least you'll have more control over it.

    ReplyDelete