Monday, June 20, 2011

Thirty-Success!(ish)








This project causes me such neuroses that I actually spend part of my therapy checking in with my therapist about it. She actually follows along with the project to see how I'm doing. Today she suggested (since I was feeling stuck and uninspired) that I go back and retry some of the things I've mentioned that I had some success at to see if I just concentrate on improving one thing how it will go. So I decided to try again to make a ring for my niece and it actually (except for the ends which I didn't put a photo of) came out okay, pretty rounded and even considering I only measured the total length and didn't straighten out the sides except by eye. Two things that I have learned to bring into my next attempt are: The edges need to be rounded off, which I think the project I saw online suggested but I forgot until just now and it is very important to have the correct size object to form the ring around.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting right back onto the shrinky plastic saddle! (How lucky that you have such a caring and attentive therapist). I think the project does engender a bit of stress in all of us, it is a direct challenge to our always telling ourselves we can't do something. It can be so much easier to listen to the part that doesn't want to try than nurture the daring toes who just yesterday felt the cool thrill of the creative waters! But we are doing it! :)

    ReplyDelete